This pretty, fun, and chic mini colorful capsule wardrobe is comfy and casual, but perfect for adding a pop of color into your life, while maintaining versatility.
*this post contains affiliate links*
A Mini Colorful Capsule Wardrobe
This simple and fun mini colorful capsule wardrobe is casual and comfy yet elevated so you feel chic and stylish while going out and about, working from home, or even hanging out with little ones.
The pieces, while colorful, are still great for layering, can be mixed and matched, and add color to your style without being overwhelming.
I personally love neutrals so creating this capsule pushed me out of my comfort zone but I’m really happy with how it turned out.
Also, because I had to stay true to my natural instincts, I chose to stick with more muted colors rather than bold colors. If you are into bold colors, just make adjustments accordingly when creating your own colorful capsule wardrobe!
Shop The Look:
Tips for a Cohesive Colorful Capsule:
What you need to consider when it comes to a colorful capsule wardrobe, is adding the right pops of color to create a connected look as opposed to a rainbow that’s exploded (my 4 year old daughter would be all over that, lol!).
While some people do love to throw on tons of color and combine all kinds of patterns (no judgement here!), in general, most people prefer colorful outfits to still have a cohesive look.
Here are some tips to achieve cohesiveness in a colorful capsule wardrobe:
striped sweater // mauve sweater // floral dress // green sweater // pink slip skirt // white jeans // blue jeans // ivory cashmere cardigan // denim jacket // nude woven mules // green glove boots // blush heels // white sneakers // leather tote bag // pink crossbody bag
Colorful Capsule Wardrobe Checklist:
For a mini colorful capsule I recommend including the key pieces below that will give you versatility and also many different combinations.
- 1-2 pairs of jeans/bottoms – distressed blue denim or a muted colour denim like sage/olive green, or cream.
- 1-2 muted color denim or chore jackets –an oversized style is current and trendy
- 1-2 color long sleeve shirts or sweaters – cashmere, wool, or a blend for an elevated look and feel
- 1 neutral knit cardigan sweater – for cooler days and in a cashmere, wool, or a blend for an elevated look and feel
- 1 striped color knit pullover sweater – cashmere, wool, or a blend for an elevated look and feel
- 1-2 neutral t-shirts or tank-tops – great for layering (not pictured in capsule graphic)
- 1 printed color dress – that can be dressed up or dressed down
- 1 solid color midi skirt – that can be dressed up or dressed down
- 1 pair of white sneakers– easy to pair with colors
- 1 pair of nude flats – easy to pair with colors
- 1 pair of color boots – for cooler weather, to dress up or down
- 1 pair of color heels – choose a style of shoe that best fits your lifestyle
- 1 neutral leather tote bag
- 1 colorful crossbody bag
These items will change slightly as the seasons change – in the winter you’ll need warmer pieces so you may opt for a sweater dress rather than a summer dress. You’ll also swap out the denim jacket for a warm wool coat and so on.
Shop The Look:
6 Colorful Capsule Outfit Ideas
The dress is the focal point in this simple, casual outfit combination and the purse adds that extra pop of color.
The mules and denim jacket bring in subtle colors that don’t overpower the look.
This cute and casual outfit is elevated with a gorgeous high quality sweater that has perfect touches of colour and the boots bring in another beautiful shade of blue.
The neutral tote keeps the focus on the sweater and the denim jacket ties the look together.
Shop The Look:
Perfect for running errands or hanging out with friends, this simple look combines the floral dress layered with a colored sweater that compliments the dress for extra warmth.
The white sneakers keep the look casual and let the dress and sweater shine.
Distressed denim pairs perfectly with the striped rainbow sweater that has a casual yet chic appeal.
The purse adds another little pop of color and the sneakers are a perfect compliment to the look.
Shop The Look:
Dressed up for an evening out or a relaxed event, this look has just the right amounts of color combined with beautiful luxurious neutrals.
This is a great look if you like color but not too much of it. The green sweater is the focal point and the distressed denim and neutral accessories compliment the green.
You could also easily go for a bolder colored sweater with this look like fiery red or emerald green.
The perfect combination of class and casual, the pink slip skirt and mauve sweater compliment each other and the pink purse adds extra playfulness.
The sneakers and denim jacket keep the look casual and comfortable. Want a dressier look? Swap the sneakers for nude heels and the denim jacket for a wool overcoat.
Shop The Look:
When creating a colorful wardrobe capsule, it’s a good idea to learn about different color palettes to help you on your way. Whether you want a Kate Middleton color palette or something more bold, it’s just a google search away!
Budget Friendly Options:
While the pieces in this mini colorful capsule wardrobe are mostly investment pieces, you can create the look with budget friendly pieces as well!
Here are some options and every piece is under $120.
- striped color sweater
- ivory cashmere cardigan (compliments colors so well!)
- color sweater
- distressed jeans
- white jeans
- denim jacket
- floral dress
- pink heels
- pink crossbody bag
- neutral mules
- neutral tote bag
Which outfit did you like the best? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below!
Want more style inspiration? Check out these!
- 18+ Outfits with Green Pants
- 14+ Chic Pink Sweater Outfit Ideas
- Effortless Spring Capsule Wardrobe
- Maternity Capsule Wardrobe For Every Season
- Capsule Wardrobe Winter Edition
- Mini Fall Capsule Wardrobe 2021
- What Color Shoes To Wear With a Red Dress
- How To Be Ruthless When Decluttering Clothes: Tips for a More Minimal Wardrobe
Christal Sczebel is an entrepreneur, published author, and content creator. Over the past decade she has worked in the digital media field building successful websites for both food and fashion. She has a natural affinity for minimal, timeless fashion, neutral home decor, and styling.
Here on Style Your Occasion, Christal is the Editor-in-chief and brain behind the aesthetic. She hopes you love the this space and the inspiration you’ll find!