Learn exactly what to wear to Disney World to be comfortable and stylish. And, get inspired with cute Disney outfits for 2023 to try, whether you are a mom, on your honeymoon, with friends, or flying solo!
*this post contains affiliate links, updated for 2023*
Exactly What to Wear to Disney World
If you’re headed to Florida to visit Walt Disney World (if you are heading to Disneyland, check out this post!), there are a few things you should consider as you prepare for your trip, including where to stay, what rides to take, and of course, what to wear.
Let’s face it – packing can be a bit of a pain, regardless of your destination, and when you’re packing clothes for a theme park, it’s not exactly a cakewalk.
While you can’t wave a wand, say, “Bibbid-bobbidi-boo!”, and have the perfect Disney world wardrobe all folded and packed in your suitcase, I can make it much more of an easy process for you!
What should a woman wear to Disney World?
When visiting Disney World you’ll want to wear appropriate clothes for the weather, the activities you’ll do while visiting, and for the amount of walking you’ll do around the park (or parks!). Appropriate clothing includes;
- tees or tank tops
- denim shorts or lightweight shorts (cotton or linen)
- biker shorts
- cropped leggings
- jeans or comfortable trousers (in cooler months)
- lightweight sweaters or sweatshirts
- denim jacket or other lightweight jacket
- rompers or jumpsuits
- midi dresses or skorts
- comfortable walking sandals (not flip flops!)
- sling bag or belt bag
Below we will go into greater detail about must-have clothing and accessories to ensure you have the best time riding Splash Mountain or watching the fireworks display in the evening…and look mega-cute while doing it all.
Best Shoes To Wear At Disney World
If you’ve ever visited an amusement park, you know half your time will be spent walking from one attraction to another – Disney World is no exception. In fact, the entertainment and recreation center spans nearly 40 square miles. That’s bigger than New York City!
This expansive location includes four separate theme parks and two water parks, so to put it simply — be prepared to do some walking. Though your feet are likely to feel the distance, you can mitigate any pain by choosing the right pair of shoes, so you should leave your glass slippers at home.
Opt for the following styles to ensure maximum comfort during your trip:
- Reliable sneakers or trainers
- Comfortable sandals with cushioned sole and secure straps (save the flip flops for Typhoon Lagoon!)
- Slip-on shoes like Vans or loafers
Pro Tip: We recommend saving your brand new pairs of shoes for another occasion; the footwear you choose for your Disney trip should be broken in to avoid blisters.
Also, be sure to keep in mind the weather conditions when packing your shoes. Though Florida is not known for the cold, you should consider rain as a possibility and double-check the forecast before packing.
Cute Disney Outfits To Try
Below are some cute Disney outfits to try while at a Disney park. With these looks you can easily add or remove layers depending on the weather and time of year you’ll be visiting.
jeans, tank top + sneakers.
shop the look:
Theme parks are an informal setting, so you shouldn’t feel the need to wear your finest clothing. Stick to lightweight and airy tank tops and tees.
And, if you feel up to it, have fun with the Disney theme! Disney parks are a place where adults can embrace their inner kid, and wearing a character top or accessory with casual clothes is a-OK in our books!
This outfit is perfect for a visit to Disney World in the fall or winter, when temperatures drop in the evening. You’ll feel comfortable during the day and can add the sweater at night to watch the fireworks!
tee, shorts + Minnie ears.
shop the look:
When it’s warm out, go with a lightweight tee shirt or blouse in an airy cotton or linen fabric. Or, go sleeveless on a really hot day.
If you’re a denim devotee, you can wear a pair of denim shorts or opt for linen, depending on the weather. Aim to pack your most comfortable pair that fits well so they don’t sag or chafe throughout the day due to sweating.
It can be quite hot in Florida so in the summer so go with light colors like off-white or light-wash blue. Throw on a pair of comfortable sandals and wear some super cute Minnie ears to complete the look!
biker shorts + tank top.
shop the look:
Next on the list of cute Disney outfits is this one which pairs biker shorts with sandals for a laid-back, comfortable vibe. In the morning wear a denim jacket with a crop-top or tank underneath. Then, lose the jacket when the weather gets warmer in the day.
Add a cute Disney bag, earrings, bracelet, or Minnie ears to complete the look!
shirt dress + sneakers.
shop the look:
If you are a skirt or dress kind of gal, you can wear either but avoid anything extra flowy or overly long. Also throw on a pair of spandex biking shorts underneath to avoid a Marilyn Monroe moment on a thrill ride.
Wear a white denim jacket over the dress if it’s a cool or cloudy day, and leave the jacket at home if it’s going to be hot. Wear a pair of comfortable sneakers, and add some cute Minnie ears to finish the look.
denim shorts + light layers.
shop the look:
Go with denim (or linen) shorts, add a simple tank top (or one with a Disney graphic), and add a handy belt bag. This outfit will keep you hands-free and cool on a warm day exploring a Disney park.
If you plan to stay for the fireworks show, bring along a lightweight cotton sweater to put on in the evening when the sun goes down.
Accessories & Extras
Here are some extra items you can add to cute Disney outfits to finish the look and make sure you are comfortable and enjoying your day at the park.
- Hats: Hats are a good option at theme parks as they provide great sun protection. But, a hat can easily fly off on a thrill ride, so go with a ball cap that fits more snug if you do choose a hat. Want to get more festive? Try to get your hands on a hat with Mickey Mouse ears for an ultra-cute detail to your outfit.
- Lightweight Jacket or Top Layer: If you’re planning to stay at the park all day, you’ll likely want to pack a light jacket, sweatshirt, sweater, or cardigan to throw over your shoulders in the evenings when the temperature starts to drop.
- Backpack or Fanny Pack: Take a small backpack or a stylish fanny pack (yes, these still exist!) to store your essentials, including keys, wallet, sunglasses, and sunscreen, while remaining hands-free.
- Sunglasses: Florida is the sunshine state, so be sure to bring a pair of shades to elevate your outfit and protect your eyes. Just make sure to pop them in your bag before you go on the Rock n’ Rollercoaster.
What Should You Not Wear at Disney World?
There are only a few specific items that should be avoided when you head to Disney World! The list below will help to prevent a wardrobe malfunction, and keep your outfit family-friendly.
- Short skirts or dresses. Unless you plan to wear a pair of spandex shorts under your skirt or dress, it’s best to avoid this outfit choice. Simply because there’s a chance of an accidental flashing incident.
- Long flowing skirts or dresses. If you are planning on actually riding the rides at Disney World you’ll be doing a lot of moving. Avoid flowy articles of clothing that could easily get caught in any ride machinery.
- Heeled shoes. Although heels can look super cute with your Minnie Mouse t-shirt, they just aren’t practical, and can leave you with mega blisters.
- Clothing with profanity or questionable graphics. Disney World is a family-friendly environment so it’s best to save these items (if you do have them in your wardrobe) for a different occasion.
- Expensive or dangly jewelry. Much like the flowing clothing, dangly jewelry can get caught, or might end up whipping you in the face on a thrill ride. So, it’s best to leave these pieces at home along with any expensive or sentimental jewelry you would hate to lose.
As you pack, remember to check the weather forecast. Your outfits will largely depend on the season and temperature during your stay. Also, be sure to consult your itinerary for activities. If you plan to visit a nice restaurant or the water parks, this will influence your clothing choices.
When it comes to outfits for Disney World in 2023, these tips will help you feel comfortable and enhance your experience. Above all, remember to have fun! It is the Happiest Place on Earth, after all!
More Outfit Inspiration You’ll Love:
- 15+ Cute Disneyland Outfits For The Perfect Park Aesthetic
- What To Wear To Universal Studios: Tips + Outfit Ideas You’ll Love
- What To Wear To a Rodeo
- Mexico Vacation Outfit Ideas
- What To Wear To a Broadway Show
- New Orleans Outfits + 4-Day Packing List
- What To Wear in Maui
- What To Wear In Nashville: 8 Outfit Ideas
Christal Sczebel is an entrepreneur, published author, and content creator. Over the past decade she has worked in the digital media field building successful websites for both food and fashion. She has a natural affinity for minimal, timeless fashion, neutral home decor, and styling.
Here on Style Your Occasion, Christal is the Editor-in-chief and brain behind the aesthetic. She hopes you love the this space and the inspiration you’ll find!